Are you tired of trying store-bought gels and toothpaste to no avail? Try professional teeth whitening with KöR. KöR teeth whitening is a practical, modern solution that uses both in-office and take-home treatments. This cosmetic dental treatment brightens the enamel and can create a seamless look for patients who have multiple discolored teeth. Dr. Rita Tempel and her team offer KöR teeth whitening as a highly effective whitening treatment for patients in Gettysburg, PA.
Why Do I Have Discolored Teeth?
There are many common causes of stained, yellowed, or discolored teeth. Some of these causes can include:
- Foods and Drinks: Some foods or beverages can stain teeth over time. Tomato sauce, berries, wine, coffee, and tea contain chromogens or pigments that affect the tooth enamel. Consuming these foods and drinks can essentially dye and darken the tooth enamel.
- Tobacco Use: Patients who smoke cigarettes, vape, or use tobacco products often experience yellow tooth stains. The nicotine contained in tobacco easily yellows teeth.
- Genetics: Some patients are more likely to develop tooth discoloration than others because of genetics. Dentinogenesis imperfecta can make teeth appear grey. Amelogenesis imperfecta is a rare disorder that creates abnormal enamel formations.
- Dental Injuries: Tooth erosion and breaks or chips in the enamel expose dentin, an underlayer beneath the tooth enamel. Dentin is darker than the outer tooth enamel, so it can make teeth appear discolored.
If patients have intrinsic stains or stains caused within the tooth, we may recommend dental veneers or teeth bonding over whitening. Patients with discoloration due to genetics or dental injuries benefit from these treatments.
Why Teeth Whitening Matters
According to an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry survey:
- Virtually all adults (99.7%) believe a smile is an important social asset. 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
- Three-quarters (74%) of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chance for career success.
- And when respondents were asked, “What would you like to improve most about your smile?” The most common response was: whiter and brighter teeth. If you are unhappy with your smile, teeth whitening may be a good option.
We Offer KöR Teeth Whitening Treatment in Gettysburg, PA
Deep bleaching KöR whitening uses take-home and in-office treatments. Sealed whitening trays set KöR apart from other treatments. The tightly sealed trays keep saliva from interacting with the whitening gel. Saliva can decrease the effectiveness of the active ingredients in the whitening gels, including hydrogen peroxide.
We begin whitening treatment with take-home care. For take-home treatments, we provide patients with custom whitening trays and gel. After at-home treatment, patients can visit our office for an extensive follow-up treatment. You can learn more about the KöR teeth whitening process here.
Brighten Your Smile Today
Do you want to eliminate stains from your smile? Request a dental appointment with Dr. Tempel on our website. You can also contact Gettysburg Smiles today by calling (717) 853-1552. Do you have any more questions for our dental team? Please let us know at your next dental visit; they will be glad to help.