Dr. Rita Antonini Tempel celebrates 29+ years of practicing dentistry. This includes three years of active duty in the Army Dental Corps and 17 years in her current practice in Gettysburg, PA. Since founding her Gettysburg office, Dr. Tempel has been recognized by the community and her peers with many awards:
- Accredited Cosmetic Dentist, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Pick of the County Winner 10 Years in a Row
- 2020 for America’s Top Dentist
- “Gettysburg’s Greatest” Dentist, Celebrate Gettysburg magazine readers, 5 years
- Adams County Chamber of Commerce Award for Exemplary Service, 2011
- “Top Dentists” in both Susquehanna Style and Harrisburg Magazines, numerous years
- America’s Top Dentist, Consumer’s Research Council, 2005-2019
- Featured on the TV show “Dream Weddings” for her cosmetic dentistry
Dr. Tempel is highly experienced in all cosmetic, restorative, and implant dentistry phases. Excellent comprehensive dentistry is her overall goal for every patient. This includes patient health, goals, and trust earned and built.
Dr. Tempel established her practice on a core mission: To deliver outstanding, high-quality dental care which is beautiful, comfortable, and long-lasting. Cosmetic dentistry has long been her area of expertise; Dr. Tempel’s cosmetic dentistry sets her apart, and it shows in her patients’ smiles. Patients rely on her experience and guidance in deciding upon their smile design.
As an active member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Tempel is one of 7 Accredited Members in the state of Pennsylvania. She has also successfully completed the requirements in Dental Sleep Medicine and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine.
A new area of expertise is Dental Sleep Medicine. Dr. Tempel is passionate about patients’ health and providing comfortable solutions to the growing medical concern of sleep apnea. Dr. Tempel is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and has completed their mastery program. She works with patients and their sleep physicians to manage obstructive sleep apnea with a custom-made, FDA-cleared oral appliance. Oral appliance therapy is an alternative solution to CPAP machines.
Dr. Tempel is dedicated to continual learning in all phases of dentistry. She has completed hundreds of hours of continuing education. She continues to learn and complete numerous hours of continuing education by attending monthly meetings, and webinars, and travels across the country for some of the best hands-on courses.
Active Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Accredited Member
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
Community Ties: Giving back to the Gettysburg and South Central PA community
- Dr. Tempel has helped victims of domestic violence through the AACD charity “Give Back a Smile.”
- Since 2016, she has written a monthly dental column, “Healthy Smiles,” published by the Gettysburg Times to educate the community on dental and health topics.
- She has sponsored local community events such as The American Legion Walk for Veterans, Shining Stars Therapeutic Ministries’ events, the Linda Kranias Memorial 5K benefiting breast cancer research, and Adams County SPCA events.
- She continues to sponsor numerous community fundraisers requested by her patients.
- Dr. Tempel is also a member of the Better Business Bureau and has maintained an A+ rating since joining.
Dr. Tempel’s Academics and Military Service
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland School of Dentistry 1993
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Albright College 1989
- Mastery Track Program, AADSM, 2018-2019
- Member, Gorgas Odontological Honorary Society
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society; elected President
- American Association of Women Dentists Award for the Outstanding Woman Dentist in Leadership and Academic Excellence
- Three years of active duty, U.S. Army Dental Corps at Ft. Meade, Maryland, and Ft. Carson, Colorado
- Medals of Commendation, U.S. Army
- Achievement Awards, U.S. Army